Have you got any of these symptoms? – Your local Chemist should be able to help.
Pharmacy First – Visit your local Pharmacy who offer a service that gives greater patient choice.
This service is known as ‘Pharmacy First’ will allow you to access the advice and medicines you need for common, less serious illnesses and injuries without making an appointment with your GP.
Conditions covered by the service:
- Colds and flu symptoms
- Fever i.e. associated with colds and flu
- Skin conditions i.e. mild eczema, dermatitis, bites, stings, sunburn, nappy rash
- Minor injuries i.e strains, sprains, minor cuts and burns, headache, toothache, teething
- Bowel and stomach upsets – constipations, diarrhoea, dyspepsia, indigestions, piles, ulcers, colic
- Women’s health – cystitis, thrush, period pain, cracked/sore nipples
- Other common illnesses – hayfever, verrucas, warts, athletes’ foot, conjunctivitis, cold sores, head lice, scabies, worms.
The pharmacist will offer you a private space and talk to you about your symptoms.
Pharmacists are qualified to provide this service and office professional advice accordingly.